Sunday, November 18, 2012

Ramachandra Guha panic attack in Pakistan - seek's Ganesha's help

anybody who says "i was born to hindu parents, but i am myself 'secular' or 'liberal', not a believer" is generally:

a. a jaichand
b. ready for conversion, if not already converted to communism or christism

these people should be required by law to change their names appropriately, to lenin, stalin, mao, pol pot, etc. or to john, thomas, james etc. or to jaichand, mir jafar, judas, benedict arnold, quisling, etc. as appropriate to provide truth in advertising


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: sri venkat
Date: Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 6:17 AM
Subject: Ramachandra Guha panic attack in Pakistan - seek's Ganesha's help
To:


In the latest issue of Outlook,  Ramachandra Mullah goes Hindu baiting
 --  Who milks the cow -
http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?282904

However the same person  in who boasts he us not a believer (but a
liberal and secular hindu!!!) had to resort to a Ganesha statue for
protection while in Pakistan.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/15/opinion/15guha.html?_r=0
August 15, 2007

"In 1995, I finally got to visit Pakistan. I saw Tariq in Islamabad
and then proceeded to Lahore, illegally, since my visa was for one
city only. I met one of the last seven Hindu families in Lahore and
visited the tomb of the Sikh warrior-king Ranjit Singh.

Then I went across to the majestic Badshahi Mosque, built by the
Mughal emperor Aurangzeb. It was Friday evening, and a large crowd of
worshipers was coming out after the weekly prayers. Walking against
the flow, I had to jostle my way through.

As I bumped into one worshiper, I was seized by panic. In one pocket
of my kurta lay my wallet; in the other, an exquisite little statue of
the Hindu god Ganesh, dancing. I am not a believer, but this was my
mascot, a gift from my sister, carried whenever I was separated from
my wife and little children. What if it now fell out and was seized
upon by the crowd? How would that turn out — an infidel discovered in
a Muslim shrine, an Indian visitor illegally in Lahore?

As a liberal and secular Hindu, I should not have been worried about
being found out. But my fear was symptomatic also of the deeper
failures of partition. It had been meant to solve, once and for all,
the Hindu-Muslim question. But in both countries, the two communities
have only grown further apart."

No comments: